codec for .wmv with audio v3

Tony Sivori TonySivori at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 01:47:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 22:05:24 -0400, Steven Vollom wrote:

> On Friday 01 May 2009 12:58:36 pm Tony Sivori wrote:
>> Recently I'm getting no sound from some videos.
>> .wmv unsupported codec:
>> Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio v3 (0x16)

> It is something new.  I don't even download them, because they never
> work. they will dry up for Linux users, because they are always the
> same, a waste of download time.

I doubt if they will be going away anytime soon.

> Perhaps they work on Windows machines, but I don't think so.

Surely they're working for someone, or else no one would bother to make
and upload them. Anyway, since posting yesterday, in an attempt to self
help I've Googled up a few others using a variety of distos with the same
problem. I didn't find any solution.

--
Tony Sivori