Jaunty Musings

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat May 2 22:58:35 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:

> On Friday 01 May 2009 05:12:08 pm Ian L. Target wrote:
>> marc wrote:
>> >
>> > Yeah, it's flaky as heck. Shame. Please file a bug, though, if you have
>> > enough ammo.
>>
>> I am much to lazy to file a bug!  I don't use K-mail enough to warrant
>> the effort.  I only use it (with an alias) for,  well, things I
>> shouldn't be doing in the first place . . .
> I sometimes wonder if because I am operating a 64bit system that is why I
> don't have the problems with Jaunty that seem common to others.  I only
> had
> one problem that really muddled up the works, and I think it has been
> fixed.  I had to add pci-nomsi to the boot instruction to get the bugs out
> of my system.
> All seem to have gone now with the inclusion of that instruction.  Kmail
> has worked beautifully for 2 months now.

Not really.  kmail is pretty stable.  I'm pretty sure there are a few people
having trouble that can be "flaky as heck", but if they're too lazy to file
bugs, the bugs are not likely to get fixed.  If the bugs were common, and
easy to reproduce, they'd get fixed.  It's the ones that only affect a few
people that never get fixed.