Jaunty Musings

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri May 1 20:39:28 UTC 2009

Ian L. Target said:

> Clay Weber wrote:
>> you can also switch to a 'tradiditonal' desktop layout and kmenu setup
>> as well if you wish
>>

> Yes!  How do I do this?  I am kind of embarrassed as I am usually able
> to figure these things out just by playing with the settings.  Not this
> time though.

Sounds like most of us coming to KDE4. It's still a bit of a mess, I'm
afraid, but it's a lot better than it was. The mess that remains we have
become used to... just like folk do every day with Windows :-)

> Also, I had K-Mail up for less than five minutes before it crashed . . .

Yeah, it's flaky as heck. Shame. Please file a bug, though, if you have
enough ammo.

--
Best,
Marc