KPackageKit

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Fri May 1 16:24:13 UTC 2009

Brian Norman Wootton wrote:

> > Would this statement sum up all your comments? for which thank you
> >
> > look at the repositories and mirrors for the 'exact' name of the package
> > required and us apt-get to install it.

Certainly not  :-)   I use aptitude, not apt-get.

As for "look at the repositories...", it depends how abstractly you mean
that.  "aptitude search" and "apt-cache search" usually tell me what I want.
I don't generally browse the repository websites.

Ta muchly, I now feel I've enough tools to kick kubuntu into submission, where
installs are concerned at least.
brian