Jaunty Musings

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri May 1 15:33:34 UTC 2009

Amichai Rotman wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know I already wrote to the Kubuntu list, but I was not answered -
> so I am trying the Ubuntu list too...

I'm sure the non-KDE folks will appreciate that...

I don't know when you wrote to the Kubuntu list, but I don't see any of the
following questions in the few posts I have from you.

And please just ask one question per thread.

> I use the Bluetooth dongle to transfer files back and forth between
> the main machine and my Nokia E71 Smart Phone. It used to work
> perfectly under KDE 3.5.10: I'd right-click a file choose
> 'Actions-->Send via Bluetooth' from the context menu. If I needed to
> send a bunch of files, I'd enter obex://[My_Phone's_MAC_Address] in
> the address bar of Konqueror - and I'd get my phone's drives in a file
> browser window.

I don't know if Bluetooth has been fixed for KDE4 yet - it certainly never
worked in 4.1.  Is kdebluetooth installed?

> I am missing some advanced control modules in the 'System Settings'
> application. I really liked having all those modules and control
> options in KControl, and I was able to enter whatever I am looking for
> in the search field on the top, and it came up with all related
> modules regarding my search. Now I can search, both in the existing
> modules and with 'apt-cache' - but I am missing some fundamental
> modules (to me, at least), like Bluetooth.

Is there a question there?  Which modules are you missing?