KPacketKit

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Fri May 1 13:05:49 UTC 2009

Billie Walsh wrote:

> > At least Synaptic works. More than can be said for Kpackagekit.

But it doesn't work _well_.  I've never found synaptic useful, and I have
actually used it on and off ever since it was first introduced (I just
deleted it off my system again, this morning).

When it comes right down to it, since the demise of kpackage, I've never
found anything that works better than aptitude at the command line.

Would this statement sum up all your comments? for which thank you

look at the repositories and mirrors for the 'exact' name of the package
required and us apt-get to install it.

I shan't want to use KPackageKit if it is going to hang in this fashion
too often.
brian