No sound in Kubuntu 9.04

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Mar 31 18:04:08 UTC 2009

Karl Vanwynsberghe wrote:
> On maandag 30 maart 2009 23:02:35 Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
> > When I had sound issues in 8.04 I had to open Alsa Mixer [ GUI ] and
> > turn on the sound. Kmix and everything else wouldn't do it. I would put
> > in a CD and start it playing then turn stuff on in Alsa Mixer to get it
> > working. After a while it was just automatic to turn on certain things
> > every time the system was restarted. Haven't had any issues since 8.10
> > and 9.04 Live DVD.
> >
> > YMMV
> >
> > --
> >

> > Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
>

> When using the alsagui i noticed that i can't move (up/down) the
> iec958 channels... Is this my sound problem (or the indication of) ??
>

> Grtz Karl
I don't know. I've had some grayed out and just figured they were for
stuff I didn't have. Different sound cards have different capabilities.
Alsa Mixer GUI is sort of like a Swiss Army knife. Capable of all sorts
of things you will never use it for.

--

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.