Keyboard setting on Jaunty

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Mar 31 15:44:40 UTC 2009

Anyone know where to find the place to tell the system what keyboard you
have??

No, it's not at install time, that is a very generic specification  (us -
normal) for me.

Since Intrepid, I have found that I need to tell the system that I have a
particular Logitech keyboard.   If I don't, the left-arrow key will not work
which makes life rather difficult.

In intrepid, I believe it was kcontrol, which now (I guess) has been removed.
And kcontrol wasn't something you could easily find anyway.

And  System Settings -->  keyboard   doesn't offer the ability either.

Any help will be appreciated.