linux-image-2.6.24-20-386 - which Kubuntu repository?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:18:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get Virtual Box going in Hardy.  I am currently stuck on
> installing the kernel image linux-image-2.6.24-20-386, which Synaptic says
> that it wants.  Synaptic also says that it cannot install it because the
> necessary repository is not in the sources.list.
>
> So which repository ought to be there?
>
> TIA
> Lisi

I don't run Hardy anymore but I remember having dependencies errors
installing it from Ubuntu repro. Try the repro from Virtualbox.org and
it's much better then the OSE version in Ubuntu (Like USB support).
Instructions on how to enable it is on
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

The latest kernel for Hardy looks like 2.6.24.23.25
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/linux-meta
Is your system up to date?

/ Jonas