No sound in Kubuntu 9.04

Karl Vanwynsberghe Karl.Vanwynsberghe at telenet.be
Mon Mar 30 18:46:54 UTC 2009

On zondag 29 maart 2009 23:05:56 Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an Acer 6935 system. Kubuntu 9.04beta detects as sound card the HDA
> Intel (ALC889 Analog) device, as listed in the multimedia tab of system
> settings.
>
> I checked the mixer so that all available sliders are at non 0 values, yet
> I do not have sound. Does anyone else has the similar problems, and
> solution :-)
>
> Tx/Alain

Hi to all,

(Using Acer Aspire 6920G with intel HD audio)
I've upgraded to 9.04 recently. (Upgrade went smoothly!)

Here the detections seems to be ok. All you except to be there...is there.
- HDA Intel (ALC889 Analog)
- HDA Intel (ALC889 Digital)
- Pulseaudio
- HDA Intel ALC889 Digital (IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital audio output)

The sound wasn't working with 8.10 and there is still no sound after the
upgrade.
But i have the following question;
Is the sound and all relating hardware/software completely reconfigured during
the upgrade?  If not... How can we do this?

Grtz, Karl