Reminder: Kubuntu-users mailing list posting guidlines

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:07:54 UTC 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>  * Threads and subject changes - please modify the thread subject if
>> it is not going to relate to the original post. It is much better to
>> start a fresh subject than to use another as more people may notice
>> the fresh topic.
>>

> Let's clarify that. If you reply to a message,
> _even_if_you_change_the_subject_, then threaded email clients will put
> the reply under the original message. That means that your message
> will not be seen by people not following that thread.
>
> So if you have a totally new question, DO NOT take a shortcut and
> reply to a message in order to avoid starting a new message by simply
> changing the subject. If it is important and you replied to a thread
> that I am ignoring, then I won't see your mail. If it is important and
> you replied to a thread that I am participating in, then I will ignore
> it as offtopic. Either way, your message will be ignored.
>
> When in doubt, start a new thread.

Did you know that if you are using kmail, and are filtering list mail
to a folder that you can just press Shift+Ctrl+N and a new message pre-
addressed to the list will pop up for you?

How much easier can you get?  Try it.

It is so much easier than taking your hand off the keyboard to click
reply, then highlighting the old subject to delete it.