No sound in Kubuntu 9.04

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 29 22:42:19 UTC 2009

Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an Acer 6935 system. Kubuntu 9.04beta detects as sound card the HDA Intel
> (ALC889 Analog) device, as listed in the multimedia tab of system settings.
>
> I checked the mixer so that all available sliders are at non 0 values, yet I do
> not have sound. Does anyone else has the similar problems, and solution :-)
>
> Tx/Alain

Was there only the one choice in the multimedia tab of system settings,
and did you test the other options, if available.  If there are other
choices, highlight each and test it.  perhaps one of the other choices
may work.  That is sometimes the case, I believe.  Remember, I am a
novice, I am just trying to help.  If someone with more experience comes
on the List, let their recommendations trump my ideas.  In my computer,
I have 4 choices. Fortunately,  they all relate to my on-board audio.
Nonetheless, in my old computer, the onboard sound was not the drivers
that worked, but the alsa drivers did.  The sound was great, so it did
not matter that the drivers did not match my audio source.  Hope this helps.

Steven