Jaunty: Has kcontrol been removed?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Sun Mar 29 18:55:35 UTC 2009

Willy Hamra said...
> 2009/3/29 marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>:
> > Willy Hamra said...
> >> >

> >> lol, kcontrol has long ago been ditched :)
> >> in KDE4 there is no kcontrol, there's only the "systemsettings" program.
> >
> > Not sure why you find it a funny question. I'm moving from 8.04 which
> > has kcontrol.
> >
> >  /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kcontol
> >
> > is fully populated, as is
> >
> >  /usr/share/kde4/apps/kncontrol
> >
> > So, where is it anyone?
> >

> no offense, i lolled because we all asked this question at one point,
> when KDE4 was new, and we were all moving to it.

Ah.

> kcontrol no longer exists in KDE4. and i haven't seen any plans to
> have a new kcontrol or anything, the whole thing has been ditched.

Oh heck! Well that's a pain. And, well, stupid, imo.

I now have a problem finding things, because I have kde and gnome
installed, and there are myriad entries in settings and system and
utilities which it is a matter of trial and error to ascertain what they
do.

kcontrol appears to still be in Debian, so this is presumably a Kubuntu
thing. Perhaps it'll appear in backports.

--
Cheers,
Marc