Jaunty: Has kcontrol been removed?

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:40:06 UTC 2009

2009/3/29 marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>:
> Willy Hamra said...
>> 2009/3/29 marc <gmane at auxbuss.com>:
>> > I'm starting to install 9.04 and can't find kcontrol. Has it been
>> > removed?
>> >

>> lol, kcontrol has long ago been ditched :)
>> in KDE4 there is no kcontrol, there's only the "systemsettings" program.
>
> Not sure why you find it a funny question. I'm moving from 8.04 which
> has kcontrol.
>
>  /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kcontol
>
> is fully populated, as is
>
>  /usr/share/kde4/apps/kncontrol
>
> So, where is it anyone?

no offense, i lolled because we all asked this question at one point,
when KDE4 was new, and we were all moving to it.
kcontrol no longer exists in KDE4. and i haven't seen any plans to
have a new kcontrol or anything, the whole thing has been ditched.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems