Help with CD - No Medium Found

Charles T. Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 29 06:21:05 UTC 2009

> Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:32:10 -0500
> From: Michael Satterwhite <michael at weblore.com>
> Subject: Re: Help with CD - No Medum Found
> To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> I've reached the point that the system (seems, anyway) is seeing the cd. When
> I try to mount it, though, I'm getting the message
>
> 	"No Medium Found".
>
> ... and yes, there is a data CD in the drive.
>
> Ideas?
> ---Michael

I don't know what others have experienced, but one day recently
I did have a problem with mine.  I was unable to open the disk
drawer to add or remove a disk and I could not get the icon with
a right click to "eject" the disk or open the drawer.  I cound not access
the disk once I had one in the drive.  After much confusion and
frustration I checked the permissions and found I had none.  So I
had to 'chmod' the cdrom in /dev to to give me permission.  After
that the button on the front of the drive worked, I could open the drawer
and close it with "eject" and all was, temporarily, right with the world!
Good luck!

Tom Bell

--
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")