Kwallet, Kmail and Gmail.

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:49:25 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 March 2009 22:51:44 Derek Broughton wrote:
> > I think that the most practical is IMAP, the only drawback for me is
> > that Kmail has some performance problem. I dont know if its just with
> > Gmail.
>
> It's really a matter of preference.
>
> IMAP leaves all the mails ON the gmail server (not necessarily a bad thing
> - now you have an offsite backup), POP downloads everything to your system.

Not necessarily true.  There is a setting on the POP3 page in GMail to archive
everything after it has been accessed by POP.  So I have the advantage (to
me) of an offsite and searchable archive of all my email, and all the more
recent stuff on my desktop in KMail, which I find more convenient to use than
GMail.  The best of both worlds. :-)

Lisi