Kubuntu 9.04 Beta is unusable for some users. Get in there and test it!

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 21:07:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please test the new Kubuntu Jaunty beta and file your bugs:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/jaunty/beta/
>
> If you come across any reproducible bug, either file it or start a new
> thread about the bug and CC me in the thread. KDE 4.2 was the first
> KDE 4 release meant for end users and if you are having issues, then
> it is a bug that KDE wants fixed. Of special interest are video
> display problems and Plasma (desktop) crashes. On both of my ATI
> machines the KDE desktop is unusable due to video corruption, and the
> bugs have been confirmed by at least one Nvidia user as well. So
> please test as there is less than one month before release.
>
> Place to file KDE bugs:
> https://bugs.kde.org/
>
> Place to file Kubuntu bugs:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
>
> If you are not sure if it is a KDE or Kubuntu bug, then file at
> Kubuntu and it will be moved upstream if necessary. Or, start a new
> thread on this list about the bug, and CC me to be sure that I read
> it. Thanks!
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

 I have not gotten to looking into it but mine will not shut down. I
always end up alt-f1 and doing a sudo shutdown. That works. I only run
it like one time a month to see what is new. It is looking very good
so far! It might be my first kde 4 system. Time will tell.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?