Firefox v3

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Sat Mar 28 10:48:18 UTC 2009

Goh Lip wrote:
> Since you have both Firefox versions (in same Kubuntu Version?),
Yes, Kubuntu Hardy

> try out the following in both FF version  separately.
> Open up system monitor, fire up FF, open 2 or 3 other non Flash
> sites, open site The New York Times,(http://www.nytimes.com/), let
> load completely, then close NYT tab. Watch the system monitor, does
> the npviewer take 100% (or 50%, if you have dual core) of the RAM? (that takes about 10 secs or more)
>
> If it happens on only FF3, not on FF2, and both are on Flash
> version 10, that's interesting. Let us know then. Beats me. I don't
> know either. Someone?
>
> I can't duplicate this since in am on FF3 in my versions of Kubuntu.
>
> Regards,
> Goh Lip

Since your email I noticed that some upgrades were available. I ran them
and noticed that one was for FF. I now have version 3.0.8.

I have never heard of npviewer before and do not seem to have it
installed. Anyway, I have opened up nytimes in FF3 and it seems to be
fine. I ran some of the videos and looked around and it all went OK. I
will play with it some more.

For some reason, since my original email about this, I have had not
problems with FF3. Typical!!

Neil Winchurst