Kwallet, Kmail and Gmail.

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Mar 27 21:56:25 UTC 2009

David Fletcher wrote:

> On Friday 27 Mar 2009, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Bas Roufs wrote:
>>

>> > Do I perhaps need to UNinstall and afterwords RE-install KWALLET?
>>
>> No.  You may need to create a new wallet though, and set it to be the
>> default, if you can't figure out your wallet password.
>
> Make sure, for starters, to make it simple for yourself, you use the
> default wallet name. I think this kdewallet.kwl. Somebody please correct
> me if I'm wrong about this.

It's not terribly necessary.  The current kdewallet.kwl will be set as
default - after you create a new wallet, you can set the new one
as "default" in Settings

> Also remember to back up your wallet file whenever you change it. I keep
> all my passwords for everything in my wallet, so I have backup copies in
> various places. The wallet file is in directory ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet/

Uh-huh.  Lost my disk last month, lost a few months worth of passwords,
because I discovered my backed up wallet was pretty old.  You need to lose
a disk every now and then to figure out which things you forgot to
back-up :-)

--
derek