Firefox v3

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Mar 27 16:02:05 UTC 2009

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Recently I installed FF v3.0.7 (Kubuntu Hardy) and it seems to work
> well. The only problem is that it does crash out occasionally, 4 or 5
> times a month.

I'm also using Kubuntu Hardy and Firefox 3.0.7.  I can not recall it
actually crashing (not to say it never happens, just not very often) on
its own.  However, I have been forced to kill it when it stops
responding due to lack of memory.  Keep in mind, this only occurs when I
open /huge/ numbers of tabs.  Unfortunately, all the windows are in the
same process, unlike Chrome so when this happens everything's gone
(restoring doesn't work unless you're very good at timing tab closes on
startup).

Matt Flaschen