kontact and konqueror problems

Alvin info at alvin.be
Fri Mar 27 11:30:33 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 March 2009 09:03:20 Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have problems with the korganizer part of kontact. I cannot integrate
> (read- only mode is OK) a google calendar with kontact.
>
> I tried:
> 1. GCalDaemon: sometimes (rarely) I get the calendar, but since at work I
> am behind a proxy and at home there is no proxy, it just does not work all
> the time.
> 2. I made a script which downloads the calendar in ICS format and I have
> korganizer read (ro-mode) this calendar. But nothing is shown.
>
> I tried evolution (very briefly since I prefer _not_ to switch) which seems
> to work (reading, I did not  try to write).
>
> How can I integrate the google calendar with kontact?

As far as I know, this doesn't work yet. There's probably a wishlist somewhere
for this where you can put a vote in. I'd vote for it too.

> Another problem is that KDE (specifically konqueror) is unable to
> auto-detect the proxy at work while firefox has no problem. Any
> suggestions?

That is a known bug. KDE4 has no proxy support yet.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde4libs/+bug/201640

(It might be better to create seperate trheads for separate subjects in the
future.)