kontact and konqueror problems

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Fri Mar 27 08:03:20 UTC 2009

Hi

I have problems with the korganizer part of kontact. I cannot integrate (read-
only mode is OK) a google calendar with kontact.

I tried:
1. GCalDaemon: sometimes (rarely) I get the calendar, but since at work I am
behind a proxy and at home there is no proxy, it just does not work all the
time.
2. I made a script which downloads the calendar in ICS format and I have
korganizer read (ro-mode) this calendar. But nothing is shown.

I tried evolution (very briefly since I prefer _not_ to switch) which seems to
work (reading, I did not  try to write).

How can I integrate the google calendar with kontact?

Another problem is that KDE (specifically konqueror) is unable to auto-detect
the proxy at work while firefox has no problem. Any suggestions?

Tx/ALain

Alain MULS                                 alain.muls at telenet.be
CISS-GENA                                           +32.2.7426340
Renaissance Avenue 30
1000 BRUSSELS - Belgium
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org