Downloads do not complete. Jaunty Alpha6 KDE

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Mar 25 21:19:49 UTC 2009

stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Jaunty is the first to
> deal with that issue effectively.

Did the released versions not work with your hardware? If it is only for
efficiency, I would prefer using a released version of lower efficiency
for one month without the trouble which is likely to happen with the
alpha version.

> Additionally I thought it a good
> step for learning.  The problems I would face should help me learn.

I think the alpha / beta releases aren't meant as a learning exercise
for newbies but to help the developers to become aware of possible
problems before the new version is released. If you install alpha /
beta software you should better be able to get yourself out of trouble
on your own.

Nils