OT: 'Useful Start Page' updated

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Wed Mar 25 17:39:00 UTC 2009

Don't mean to bother you guys but just wanted to let you know that I have updated the 'Useful
Start Page'.

By way of a reminder it is an HTML file (plus CSS, graphics & a 'readme') that you can download
to your computer, point your favorite browser to it and then use it for a useful start page.
It contains all sorts of Linux links and other useful/interesting links all in 'menus' ( created
using pure CSS - no javascript stuff here!).

There is also a series of [very] useful 'search boxes' including one for our very own
kubuntu-users mailing list - which means that you can search the kubuntu-users mailing list
archives from the comfort of your own 'home page' :-)

The link to view it is:
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/Useful_Start_Page/usefulStart.html
and to download it:
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/Useful_Start_Page/Useful_Start_Page.zip

Thanks to  Matt Flaschen for help with some of the more complex 'search box' code.

I put some sneaky code in there for folks that use Internet Explorer - advising them to switch to
a 'better' browser ;-) (feel free to add it to your own websites).

Hope it is useful for some of you......

Blessings,

Nigel

P.S. You are of course free to modify it as you wish.