Downloads do not complete. Jaunty Alpha6 KDE

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:20:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 18:49 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > Nils Kassube wrote:
> > > wget -c
> > > "http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/jaunty/alpha-6/jaunty-d
> > >esktop-i386.iso"
> > >
> > > where you replace the URL if necessary.
> >
> > Does this instruction cause resume?
>
> Yes. And you can start with a partial file if you have one. However it
> must be the correct file name (jaunty-desktop-i386.iso) and in your
> current directory. You can use the cd command to get to the appropriate
> directory or copy/move the partial file to your home directory,
> whatever is more convenient for you.
>
> > Do you know if the torrent procedures have changed in Jaunty Alpha 6?
>
> Sorry, I'm not really familiar with ktorrent - I only used very seldom
> and not the Jaunty version.
>
> > Thanks for the reply, Nils.  Is it warming in Germany with plants
> > sprouting, like here?
wget is the answer to your prayers. When you use it, the file will be
dnloaded to the directory you are in, so be in the directory that you
want it to be in.

If it stalls at some point, ctrl C if you need to, but once you have
your prompt back, just up arrow once to enter the same command again,
and wget will resume the dnload from where it was last. Nice, especially
when something happens like is happening to you. I wouldn't leave home
without it and it is the best advice you have been given. Just forget
all about torrents. Just straight up use wget

OH YES!!! You should use wget -c which is the auto-resume feature.

wget -c jaunty-desktop-i386.iso    <----THAT is what you want.

Without the -c you'll start over, if I'm not incorrect, I always use
wget -c

Trust me on this, when you use a modem you can't live without it. Your
problem solved. Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987