Downloads do not complete. Jaunty Alpha6 KDE

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Mar 24 21:18:23 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I closed the site location quite a while ago and couldn't tell which
> site in the History was the one the current download was on.  The
> location of the download in my computer is /home/steven/desktop, and
> the file name is Jaunty-alternate-i386.iso.  Can your formula for
> command be applied to the information I have?  Thanks!

OK, so you want the alternate iso. Then this should work:

cd /home/steven/desktop
wget -c "http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/jaunty/alpha-6/jaunty-alternate-i386.iso"

Please note: The line starting with "wget" ends after the long URL. If
your email program brakes it up into two lines, please enter it in one
line anyway.

Nils