Multimedia problem.

Martin Laberge mlsoft at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 24 21:01:06 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 16:28:15 Steven Vollom wrote:
> I recently transferred some movies over from my old computer to the new
> one.  I have seen them before, so I am confident about the information I
> am providing.  In any event, the sound and video were in proper sink
> with all but a couple that had sink problems when I joined 2 part movies
> together.  CD1 to CD2.
>
> Since I have been replaying movies on my new computer, I find that all
> of them, including those DVD's I purchased commercially, start out with
> voice and video in sink, but all of them are between 1 and 1 1/2 seconds
> out of sink by the end of the movie.  The sound lags behind the video.
> It happens in all three of the movie players that I have installed in
> the new box, so I don't think it is a player problem.  Is there a
> feature that is configurable in Jaunty Alpha 6 64bit KDE that can bring
> them back into harmony?  Is this a possible bug that needs reporting?
>
> Is there an package that can correct this problem?  Thanks!
>
> Steven

Alpha 6 ??

if you were asking about a normal version, i would suggest you check
the medibuntu, and extras codecs on your system.

with alpha 6, I would say, just endure.

if you want to know if your files are good anymore,
use them on a proven system, if they play, they are safe.

alpha 6 is not a method to test integrity of data.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoft at videotron.ca
Tel:(418)521-6823
30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning...