Decent Download Manager

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Mar 24 20:47:39 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 18:51, Donn wrote:
> kget also works from firefox -- by drag and drop! It's a neat manager.
>
> \d

Hi Donn.

I did try drag, and drop to Kget on Firefox, but there are problems with that
on some sites.

for example, try this one. http://www.crosswire.org.sword/modules/

Try drag, and drop on the first download box for the ASV bible. It only
downloads 1.8KiB named SwordMod.Verify.

If I just click on the 1st download box for this bible version, I get the
download manager, and courtesy of Flashgot , the option to use Kget, which,
when I've selected where I want the download to go, downloads the ASV bible
version (1.5 MiB), which is named ASV.zip.

Right clicking on the download box, and selecting "save target as", also just
downloads a file named "SwordMod.Verify" (1.8 KiB).

I'm sure that some download links will work fine with drag, and drop to Kget
from Firefox, but the one above doesn't work. It looks like I may still be
stuck with using Flashgot addon on Firefox.

I'll have a look at this Firefox addon that Octavian Florea suggested:

https://addons.mozilla.org/ro/firefox/addon/201

Wrong language above, and should be for us English users.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/201

I'll be back if "Down Them All" doesn't work.

Nigel.