Incoming mail does not appear, Kmail Jaunty Alpha 6 KDE

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 18:10:10 UTC 2009

> I would if I could, but I don't know what your settings are. If the 15
> messages did download, then it stand to reason they are somewhere.

I do not have any filters established yet.  They are all empty waiting
for instructions
> You may have a filter in place (top-right of inbox) change it to "Any status",
> that may help.

It is already at 'Any status'
> Otherwise, do you have mail folders other than 'inbox' - go check in them.
> They appear in the tree menu on the left of kmail.

I have the emails that I imported from Thunderbird.
> Also, check your 'deleted items' folder -- perhaps they got tagged as spam and
> dumped in there?

They are in the deleted folder.  I don't have any filters engaged yet,
what do I do?  All 14.  There is nothing to indicate them as spam.  Is
there supposed to be an indication that they have been filtered out?
Wow are you smart.  I would never have checked that.  I am just setting
Kmail up to use.  It was automatically installed by Jaunty.  The only
configuration I remember entering was pop and smtp addresses.

I still think I will continue to use TBird until I get this sorted out.
Should the problem be reposted?  What wording would you use to get
better results.  Thanks for the help.

Steven