New to Linux

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 17:30:05 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Samir Shrestha <samirshrest at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know can I install and run Ubuntu 8.10 and Kubuntu in my Pentium
> (4) 2.8GHz dual core with 256MB RAM PC.
> Felicitations
>
> Samir Shrestha

I think that you can manage with the CPU but you need more RAM. Even
if you would install Xubuntu i think you need more RAM.

/ Jonas

I run Ubuntu 8.10 on a PIII 800 with 512 MB RAM with no problems.  I ran it on a similar machine with 384 MB and it was a little slow but not bad.  I lighter window manager does help though.  I use FVWM to get things moving quickly.

Earl