Sound File Change

Web1 daweber at wiktel.com
Mon Mar 23 16:33:41 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am a new user to Kubuntu and have discovered that there is quite a learning curve.  I have Kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.1 installed.

I would like to know how to change the default sound files to something else.  I have downloaded a new theme and extracted it to a folder, but cant figure out how to get to the system sound files or install the different sounds once I do find them.  I did find the install file after they were extracted but got a message that I need to be a super administrator or something to that effect.  What does that mean and how do I become one of those super guys. I went to system settings and found the sound, but that just shows my sound card driver.  With no sound schemes listed as I read there should be in some other forums.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Dave

--
This computer does NOT use Microsoft Windows..........This computer operates using LINUX KUBUNTU 8.10