[Bulk] Re: New generation netbooks with *ubuntu?

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 15:47:10 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>> Arm is already supported by Debian, I believe, so it's really a matter of testing.
>>

> Ubuntu's standards for a official architecture are significantly more
> demanding then Debian's.  That's why for instance PowerPC is no longer
> supported in Ubuntu.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the issue with PowerPC that there
were not a sufficient number of users who were willing to be involved in
development and testing of new releases on PPC system. If there is a
hardware manufacture selling Arm boxes, I would bet that they would like
to be involved in testing the new releases and thus the problem is solved.

-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.