New generation netbooks with *ubuntu?

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Mon Mar 23 14:31:42 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> The interesting thing is that Freescale will be using the Arm processor which is not x86 - which
>> means that they cannot runs Windows! They will be offering Ubuntu....
>
>>From what I understand, Ubuntu ARM is experimental, and not yet
> supported
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/installation-guide/i386/hardware-supported.html).
>
> Matt Flaschen

Have you seen this:
ARM and Canonical to bring full Ubuntu desktop experience to low-power, ARM technology-based
computing devices
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/arm-linux

<smallQuote>
The Ubuntu Linux distribution for desktops and netbooks will be officially available from April
2009 through Ubuntu standard distribution channels.
</smallQuote>

Blessings,

Nigel