lost taskbar

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 22 19:44:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 20:09, uriah heep <stan10x10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I am clicking on an empty area of the back ground not a
> widget.  I get the same options when I right click on the "cashew" om the
> right corner everywhere in the screen except when I right click on an icon.
> uriah

This is odd. Did you try logging out (Ctrl +Alt + Backspace kills the
X server) and logging in KDE again?

If this doesn't help, you will have to do the following:

*  kill the X server

* Ctrl+Alt+F1 (the function key) to go to a console

* log in the console, the type the following:

*
 tar -cf ~/.kde/share/config  kde_config_backup.tar  (this makes a
backup of all your local configuration folders and files)

*
 rm -Rf ~/.kde/share/config  (this erases the config folder and leaves
you without settings)

*  log in back again

You should have a new basic KDE 4 without configurations, but with a
panel. The previous configuration files have been saved in the tar
file above. You can extract this folder if necessary to copy back
features you are missing or reconfigure your initial settings by hand.

Hope this helps

Regards, Myriam.

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009