OOo now using KDE dialogs! RESOLVED with thanks to every one trying to breach my rock hard brain.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 21 03:48:04 UTC 2009

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 17:32 -0400, Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>>  I have only read a few instructions,
>>

>  Remember when I sent those links to you on several occasions that
> demonstrated how to use google? Some folks got a chuckle out of that??
> So, please don't say that you had no clue. You had a live demonstration
> on the use of google. Twice now. Ric

Dear Ric,

I don't dispute what you are saying.  Did you read Frans' email to me?
It was different from all the other I received.  I in no way mean to say
I did not hear from you first.  In fact I seem to remember you telling
me to learn how to use Google.  Many have.  But you have to know how to
use Google to find the websites that Frans provided me.  I was unable to
find them on my own.  I used Google completely wrong for many years.  It
was only luck when I would be able to find the answer I was seeking.
Grans put a link to a specific web page that explained the use of
Google.  I have never seen that page before and I could never forget if
I did.  If you sent the link to me, I just don't know what happened.  If
you gave me a test to find things, and I typed in what I always did when
searching the web, you would just laugh at the results.  You may read
100 pages of web addresses before you even got close to one that was
useful at all.  I have tried the instruction from Frans.  Everything I
search for comes up almost in the first option.  It is glorious.  And I
will never use the old technique again.

In the emails that followed what were considered complete and thorough
instruction were missing the ingredient that is present in Frans'
email.  By providing me to the exact site, I found out on the first page
what I had been doing wrong.  It hurt a bit because it was so simple and
logical, but it also felt good.  It was like taking a splinter lodged
deeply under a fingernail too deep to be reached with a tweezers.  And
removal felt just as good.  I started saving emails from everyone a few
weeks ago.  I am going to search through your emails to see if you
perhaps did include the address of the site, for without it, no matter
how many times I was told to go figure out how to use Google, without
that first instruction of Frans' I would never have known how and would
be hamstrung like before.  You sure will hear from me if you did provide
the site.  I will straighten out the truth for you benefit on the list,
but if it is like so many referenced from others, it was just one step
after my understanding.  Several have stated they gave me the link.  So
far each is the same, excepting the one from Frans.  When Lisi referred
to it, she said what do you have to do give him baby food.  Truth is,
Yes.  I needed that level of instruction.  I was totally blocked.  And
when I saw the answer it seemed so easy and logical.  I felt a fool, but
I would rather be a fool and have the answer than not have it and have
false-regard.  In some things I am still a baby, I guess.  Not bad to be
that way when you are old as I am.  I am still very grateful for all you
have done for me.  You have helped me many times.  Actually I hope to
find myself at fault in this matter.  I would rather take more hits than
have you not recognized for your excellent help on the list.  You are
one of the very best in my opinion.

Steven