URL in message does not work. RESOLVED

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 20 19:37:58 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> One of the suggestions of the many answers to this problem suggested
> that I install Firefox.  I did.  Apparently changes have been made in
> that application that affect Thunderbird, because I clicked on a link
> from a recent email and the link worked.  It works, however, I don't
> know how any interested reader will get much from the solution.  The
> most common response was to edit prefs.js, however, I was confused by
> the "don't edit" comments to the page when it opened and there were 8
> entries for prefs.js, some not writable, all saying to not edit, so I
> never edited anything unless that happened automatically when I
> installed Firefox.  I am glad it works, however I have no idea what made
> it happen.

Good to know it works. The reason prefs.js says: do not edit, is that
that's not the right file to edit.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/User.js_file says the modifications, if you
want to do them by hand, go to user.js. Anyway, if I had to do that I'd
go through the automated tools instead. Easier and less of a headache.
I.