How do I fix a mistake in a feature of Kmail?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Mar 20 14:09:51 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:

> Nils Kassube wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> But that doesn't alter the fact that kmail's "recent address" feature
>>> really doesn't like to give the user control.
>>
>> In the komposer section of the kmail settings I can edit the recently
>> used addresses. There I can delete (or add) addresses. Isn't that what
>> you are looking for?
>
> Well, no, I've been looking for something that actually works. :-)

So that was a little glib, and I figured I really should try again, just in
case I'd done something wrong (heaven forbid!).

I carefully brought up that dialog, and modified every single address
with "mar." in it, to remove the "mar.".  Then I went into my address book
and did the same.  Then I started a new message, entered "mar" in the "To"
field, and got a list of names only containing my wife, a "Mary", a "Marg"
and two addresses containing "Maritime".  OK, so far.

Closed kontact, opened kontact, tried again.  All those "mar." addresses are
back.  At least I now think I have enough information to file a bug report.
--
derek