RESOLVED Re: Restricted extras installed, but movie doesn't play audio Jaunty Alpha 6 KDE

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 19 22:24:44 UTC 2009

Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Thursday 19 March 2009 19:23:58 Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> When I was putting my computer together after moving HDD's, I did not
>> put the audio plug in.  Oversight coupled with stupidity.  Sorry I
>> bothered you all.  The only thing that needed fixing was me.  I hate
>> when I waste your time.  Thanks for trying, but you can't fix what isn't
>> broken.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Hey Steven, only 2 days ago i spent an hour trying to work out why my monitor didn't work any more.
> Eventually I remembered to switch it on.......
> (And I'm supposed to be a professional ! )
>
> What you say about Jaunty is true, I'm running it myself and considering it's an alpha I'm amazed at how good it is... but it is an alpha and it does have it's problems. But if it works for you, that's all good.
>
> Mark

I keep thinking I should stop making the obvious mistakes, but I do.  It
helps to know that others have the same problem from time to time.  Not
that I want you to have problems.  It is just that everytime I post what
seems like a real problem, and it turns out to be I forgot to turn a
switch, guys who read a 1000 emails a day to help people have wasted
their precious time for me.  I posted this as resolved, so we aren't
hurting anyone by talking a bit.  If they want to read chat, they can,
but were prewarned that the serious part was over.

Talk to you later friend,

Steven