RESOLVED Re: Restricted extras installed, but movie doesn't play audio Jaunty Alpha 6 KDE

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Thu Mar 19 19:50:47 UTC 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 20:23, Steven Vollom wrote:
> When I was putting my computer together after moving HDD's, I did not
> put the audio plug in.  Oversight coupled with stupidity.  Sorry I
> bothered you all.  The only thing that needed fixing was me.  I hate
> when I waste your time.  Thanks for trying, but you can't fix what isn't
> broken.
>
> Steven

Hi Steven.

No problem.

On another list someone had taken their computer out into the backyard to
clean all the dust out of it with a vacuum cleaner on blow. Brought the
machine back inside, and posted to a list that the sound was no longer
working. they too had forgotten to put the audio plug back in. On numerous
occasions I've been puzzled why the sounds arn't working, only to realise
that I hadn't switched on my DJ mixer, and the amplifier. Doh!!.

Nigel.