How do I fix a mistake in a feature of Kmail?

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Thu Mar 19 12:49:20 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 9:12:51 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> >> No, Kmail has a truly annoying "recent addresses" feature.  Editing
> >> anything
> >> out of it is practically impossible.  I've dug right into the "*rc"
> >> files and still have addresses I don't want popping up.
> >
> > When you were in the 'rc' files, did you find what you wanted to
> > remove?  Did you simply delete it from the 'rc' file to remove it, if
> > your answer is yes?  Then when you closed the 'rc' file it was gone?
>
> Nope.  It would have been ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc.  I do contract work
> for the Canadian government, and I have a lot of addresses in there
> with "@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca".  Since they're migrating them to
> just "@dfo-mpo...", and since my wife's name begins "mar", I thought I'd
> change them all to the new form, and then not have to scroll through the
> whole list to get to my wife.  It never worked.  The @#$%^&* list still has
> all the "mar."s in it.

Here's what I do, I always give my wife's e-mail address and address book
entry on my phone a name that starts with a letter that will make it the first
one in my address book. For instance, right now I have no addresses that start
with an "A" in my address book, so I aliased my wife's e-mail address as
"Babe". She's always the first one in the list. :-)

Blessings,
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net