How do I fix a mistake in a feature of Kmail?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Mar 19 01:12:51 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:

>> No, Kmail has a truly annoying "recent addresses" feature.  Editing
>> anything
>> out of it is practically impossible.  I've dug right into the "*rc" files
>> and still have addresses I don't want popping up.
>>

> When you were in the 'rc' files, did you find what you wanted to
> remove?  Did you simply delete it from the 'rc' file to remove it, if
> your answer is yes?  Then when you closed the 'rc' file it was gone?

Nope.  It would have been ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc.  I do contract work
for the Canadian government, and I have a lot of addresses in there
with "@mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca".  Since they're migrating them to
just "@dfo-mpo...", and since my wife's name begins "mar", I thought I'd
change them all to the new form, and then not have to scroll through the
whole list to get to my wife.  It never worked.  The @#$%^&* list still has
all the "mar."s in it.
--
derek