Thanks for the Virus.

Jonathan Byrne jonathan at yamame.org
Tue Mar 17 16:56:30 GMT 2009

On 3/17/2009, "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The easiest way to see all running processes in Intrepid (i think
>> Steven running that) is to press CTRL-ESC.
>
>That is being disabled in Kubuntu 9.04. Apparently, this is to prevent
>users from accidentally hitting the key combination.

Am I the only one who thinks that's nuts? In 10 years of using Linux,
I've never accidentally hit ctrl-esc. OK, I've never used it, either,
preferring to do that stuff from the command line, but being able to do
those things quickly and easily with ctrl-esc is probably really useful
for a number of people.

I'd hate to see Kubuntu go down the GNOME road and become Linux with
training wheels. I moved from Debian to Ubuntu in 2003 when it was still
in beta and there was not yet a separate Kubuntu and KDE on Ubuntu was
still a bit rough and have really enjoyed it, but those are the kinds of
things that could push a person back to mainline Debian.

If anyone with the ability to reverse that bad idea is reading this,
please think about doing so.

Best,

Jonathan