e-Sword, first success

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 17 21:33:51 UTC 2009

> So I took heart and deleted my .wine folder, made up an entirely fresh
> new one with winecfg, then installed the latest e-Sword into the default
> location.

So I am clear on what to do.  Do I get my wine application from
KpackageKit or somewhere else?   Or do I do this sudo apt-get install
winecfg?  Is the default location the c:\ drive?
> When starting from the Konsole e-Sword heavily complained about missing
> da0360.dll and missing ms-jet database components. So I downloaded the
> latest winetricks and installed nearly anything that is on offer in
> there, especially IE6, webfonts, dcom, msjet, foundation classes,comctl
> and mdac components.

sudo apt-get install winetricks does not work for me, and I could not
find it in KpackageKit.  Softpedia did not have it.  Where do you
recomend getting it?
> Please note that quite a few of theses packages require to have a
> windows license in order to legally install them on wine.

How do I know which choice?
> Also I do not know whether my ubuntu 32bit makes a difference in
> contrast to 64bit installations.

My 64 bit is AMD and works with 32 bit.

Steven