Intrepid 64bit and Firefox 32bit

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:33:59 UTC 2009

I'm running Kubuntu Intrepid 64bit with KDE 4.2.1. I've got Firefox
64bit and the various 64bit add-ons like flash and java installed. For
the most part things are working, except for the kwin crashes and kde
just dieing things are working pretty good.

However, I've run across a few web apps that are not recognizing the
64bit java and do not work. For example webex and SSL Explorer both do
not recognize the 64bit java. I'm thinking I may need to go ahead and
install Firefox32 with Flash and Java32bit for those times when I need
them.

I'm trying to figure out how to install Firefox32 etc while still
leaving Firefox64 on the system and can't seem to find anything - I
guess Google wasn't being my friend this time. I did find the FF3in1
script, but it is not being maintained and said it only supported
Gutsy and Hardy.

Can anyone point me to some instructions on how to install the
Firefox32 along side Firefox64?

Thanks for the help.
Brian