Thanks for the Virus.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:53:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I will post and try to repair any damage I may have caused
>> you by my pause.
>
> You did not cause me damage.
>
>>  It was not really doubt at all.  I was just shocked by
>> the amount of negative mail I was getting as the victim.
>
> You are not a victim of anything unusual. That's what you need to
> understand for people to get back on "your side". So long as you play
> victim, and assume that there is a perp to blame on this list, you
> will generate negative responses. Just formulate an anti-spam policy
> and get on with your life.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

One time I was a school and good female friend of mine from China came
up to me in the hall crying. She was upset because of some emails that
she was getting with horrible images. She could not understand who
would send her something so evil! I sat down with her and looked at
it. It was the typical porno spam mails from a few years ago.

We set up a Google Email account, imported her email addresses and
told everyone about the new email. I then explained how these
slimeballs work, where they get the email addresses from and how to
avoid it and she was happy again.

The biggest source of my secret email address getting out is from
friends going to the, "send an email card" sites and sending me
something. Never send email to a freind through another site!

BTW, I have had 4 emails in one month make it past Google Emails spam
filter and into my in box. I get about 100 spams a day in the spam
box, but of late that has been down to about 100 a week. Nice.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?