no sound RESOLVED with an Jaunty update.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 17 06:57:52 UTC 2009

Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Monday 16 March 2009 11:45:39 am ndemalia armstrong wrote:
> > hello! guys, just wondering if anyone has come across this problem I'm
> > having, I've the ubuntu intrepid the
> > 64 bits version when I play a video or music using Firefox, the video
> > plays with no sound.Any help in resolving this problem
> > will be greatly appreciated
> > Armstrong
> > "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend"
>

> What multimedia apps do you have installed vs. what plugins to
> Firefox? Have you tried downloading the video and opening it with
> various apps until the sound plays?
>

> Just covering some basics. Due to your message I'm assuming that you
> get sound when you're playing video outside Firefox, but I don't like
> assuming.
>

> --
> See Ya'
> Howard Coles Jr.
> John 3:16!

I just noticed your John 3:16.  I love GOD too.  In fact the only
windows program I use in Wine is e-Sword.  It is a wonderful Bible
program.  I am sorry you misunderstood me on that other issue.  It is
OK, just the world in action.  It seems like the update may have come
just after my post.  I probably should have waited a day or two, before
posting to now waste anyone's time.  Sometimes I don't think well.
Anyway the update fixed several problems I was experiencing, none too
serious.  If you are not using Jaunty yet, the Alpha version is less
problematic that Hardy or Intrepid.  It is amazing.  When I clicked on
Hardware and chose the nVidia upgrade to 180.37, the video portion of my
computer is just plain incredible.  The 3D effects are amazing.  Images
look truly 3 dimentional.  And color quality and crispness is great.

Additionally, I could not get Kmail to install on Intrepid, with or
without help and eventually relented to Thunderbird.  When I tried
install in Jaunty, I entered POP and SMTP address and that was about
all.  Took perhaps 15 seconds to do, and it work instantly.  Jaunty is
amazing, and a real alternative to Windows.  The fact that it is better
and free will probably take like wild-fire, especially in these tough
economic times.  Thanks!!

Cheers to the One Who paid for us all,

Steven

Steven