Thanks for the Virus.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 17 00:23:19 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I thought my computer was getting even worse by the minute.  So thanks
>> to the one who doesn't understand, I have an infected computer again,
>> after being away from Microsoft for over 4 years.  Not only a virus, but
>> some kind of ad barrage.  In four years, no ads.  Now every couple of
>> emails is something to erase.   I hope you enjoy yourself.  Trouble is
>> you are probably someone who has my gratitude for helping me.
>>

> It sounds like the defribulator valve is leaking, and that is letting
> the viruses in. You may want to consider either replacing the valve
> with apt-get, or just rebuilding it with tar. Of course, you should
> check the input-output connectors and make sure that they are lubed
> and torqued to spec.
>

>> I forgive you, but you are misdirected.  Negative things have a way of
>> coming back at you.  I hope this doesn't happen to you, whoever you are,
>> because the come-around is pretty unforgiving.
>>

> I doubt that whatever is causing your system's trouble is the
> deliberate action of anyone on this list. No regular poster would post
> malicious code in a public forum.

Please tell me it wasn't you, I have such respect for you.  When I used
windows, I got hit like this a couple of times.  The computer acted just
like this, and the junk male is unmistakable.  You read most everything,
you read the gossip about my long post.  I even recognize names of
people in that conversation, I don't remember specifically, because I
did not want to have negative memories attached to people I so respect.
Your name could have been among them, you are a pretty feisty guy, but I
have always admired and respected you, and I have seen people from the
best homes do some pretty evil things.  Although I don't want to see it
as a person from the List, out of the thousands of people who
communicate in this list,  the possibility of a rotten apple is not
unreasonable.  I am not accusing the list.  I accuse the person whomever
it is.

I gave them sound advice, if you read what I said.  My instincts say I
am right on the button.  I hope I am wrong.  But if it comes again to
someone else who isn't likely to deserve such a thing.  Get involved
then.  You have joined with a few to find fault with me.  You have read
thousands of my words.  Have you ever heard me say anything that could
be taken offensively.  Think of how I reacted to even your curt
replies.  I don't shake anymore.  And I do not have to work at
controlling my anger.

My comment was for the benefit of the person  who did this.  I have
nothing to gain from my statements.  If you really believe I am not
telling the truth and can explain my circumstance, that's OK, I still
have no quarrel with you.  It is just, I am telling the truth.  You
should recognize it, because I am telling the truth.

You have respect and authority on the list, you could join and  remind
them of the payback you got for something you did that is wrong in your
past.  I sure can.  That is why I took the approach I did.  I can do
nothing to reverse the consequences of what happened to me, but maybe I
can discourage that person from repeating.  With support for me, he may
see that others he also wants to work with do not agree with his
actions.  My guess is that the culprit is someone quite young and very
intelligent.  And that sounds like jail-time to me.  The come-around is
much like killing a fly with a sledge hammer usually excessive.

Steven