Thanks for the Virus.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 16 23:41:45 UTC 2009

Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Monday 16 March 2009 22:21:42 Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I thought my computer was getting even worse by the minute.  So thanks
>> to the one who doesn't understand, I have an infected computer again,
>> after being away from Microsoft for over 4 years.  Not only a virus, but
>> some kind of ad barrage.  In four years, no ads.  Now every couple of
>> emails is something to erase.   I hope you enjoy yourself.  Trouble is
>> you are probably someone who has my gratitude for helping me.
>>
>> I forgive you, but you are misdirected.  Negative things have a way of
>> coming back at you.  I hope this doesn't happen to you, whoever you are,
>> because the come-around is pretty unforgiving.
>>
>> Steven
>>

> I hope you have proof that somebody on this list has infected you, because that is a pretty serious accusation.
>
> Firstly, nobody on this list would deliberately send you a virus.
> Secondly, you are running Linux. It is very unlikely that you actually have a virus.
> It sounds as if you are talking about receiving spam email - unwanted email full of adverts. In which case you want to learn how to use a spam filter, like everybody else does. I receieve about 200 emails every day, but thanks to my spam filter I never have to read the ones with the adverts.
>
> Cool down, and don't accuse people unlesss you have proof.
>
> Mark

I am not accusing the list or even anyone in specific, but within a few
hours, my already problematic computer ended up acting like it was
running from a floppy disk, then without ever experiencing what your
explanation is, spam, it started infecting my email.

It is difficult to be wrongly accused, so if  anyone from the list
thinks I have accused them of wrong doing,  I sincerely apologize.  If
the List itself feels that it's reputation has been abused, again I
apologize profusely, however, I do not surf the web.  The only thing I
use my computer for is comupter related stuff, so for me to asume it
just came out of the air is ludicrous.  I have noticed by the postings
that there are those who are upset that my unsolved problem hasn't been
relegated to the trash can.  That in itself is so unlike the list which
I revere.  But from time to time I have noticed some childishness take
place that is not worthy of the list.  Childish pranks can hurt deeply.
In my case if even the continuation of your comments cause my reputation
to be further abused, it is a serious problem.

You who have many resources to solve your computer related problems are
very fortunate.  I can barely afford to keep my computer running.

The problem that produced this fiasco has now multiplied.  The computer
I am trying to keep alive long enough to transfer data is very likely
poisoned with a virus or some kind of spam tool.  I can no longer
consider saving the 250gb of data that I am trying desperately to save,
because I finally have a new computer that I do not want infected.  In a
way your email is about as wrong as you accuse me.  I at least have
evidence of abuse.  What do you have, hurt feelings.  Well whomever did
this dirty thing can sure have a laugh, but GOD has a way of equalizing
things, and the come around is much more significant than pointing out
the error of his ways.

I will not reply to any more of this dribble.  I am sorry I responded in
the first place.  And if I have to, I will move on.  You think I made an
accusation that you at least think it is serious.  So how much more is
this supposed accusation a problem when you find that it is true.

People who act paranoid are only paranoid until there is a bullet hole
in the back of their head.  Then they are considered stupid for not
protecting themselves.  Just like here it is a lose lose situation.
Your last statement is also inaccurate.  You think I am so angry that I
need to cool down.  The anger passed instantly, I was trying to help a
misguided person to stop doing maliscious things, because you can call
it karma if you don't believe in GOD but there is a come-around.

And anyway, this was between me and the child who may have (does that
help you) done this dirty trick.  I had no other way to communicate with
him or her, because here is where it happened.  Every email in my box is
to or from either someone from the list or my children and
grandchildren.  I surf the exact same sites you do, Google, Kubuntu,
Linux, KDE, and perhaps one you don't, Ebay, but I don't shop or watch
dirty movies or look at porn.  I don't play video games.  You tell me
how it happened.  The one thing I see talked about more than anything
else on the List is email programs and email servers.  What better place
to find someone with the ability to do ill in an email.  I am just
saying that there is a probably a problem in our system, and it isn't
me.  I don't have the ability to hate anymore, but if I did this still
would be an over-the-line dirty trick.

That is the last you will hear from me on the subject.

Steven Vollom, fine-artist retired     You may notice that I am not a
coward like that person.  I let him and the world know who is doing the
talking.