Thanks for the Virus.

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 16 22:35:43 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009 22:21:42 Steven Vollom wrote:
> I thought my computer was getting even worse by the minute.  So thanks
> to the one who doesn't understand, I have an infected computer again,
> after being away from Microsoft for over 4 years.  Not only a virus, but
> some kind of ad barrage.  In four years, no ads.  Now every couple of
> emails is something to erase.   I hope you enjoy yourself.  Trouble is
> you are probably someone who has my gratitude for helping me.
>
> I forgive you, but you are misdirected.  Negative things have a way of
> coming back at you.  I hope this doesn't happen to you, whoever you are,
> because the come-around is pretty unforgiving.
>
> Steven

I hope you have proof that somebody on this list has infected you, because that is a pretty serious accusation.

Firstly, nobody on this list would deliberately send you a virus.
Secondly, you are running Linux. It is very unlikely that you actually have a virus.
It sounds as if you are talking about receiving spam email - unwanted email full of adverts. In which case you want to learn how to use a spam filter, like everybody else does. I receieve about 200 emails every day, but thanks to my spam filter I never have to read the ones with the adverts.

Cool down, and don't accuse people unlesss you have proof.

Mark