VMware VS VirtualBox

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 16 18:44:32 UTC 2009

Glen Barber wrote:

>>> Are you saying that registration, even for a free product, is a
>>> downfall?
>>>
>> sure it is, at least sometimes.
>>
>> Since from registration on vmware will be bugging you with mails about
>> vmware things that I for one did not like to get.
>>

> Unsubscribing from those emails is surprisingly simple.

Nevertheless, it was the primary difference that caused me to install
VirtualBox rather than VMWare server when I needed an Ubuntu VM recently.
So, while I can't say with certainty that it's their "downfall", I can say
with certainty that it's an option that can make or break the decision to
install.
--
derek